Key strategic alliances broaden and deepen the Museum’s impact and enhance its capacity to achieve its mission.
• Maximize our membership in the International Coalition for the Sites of Conscience by deepening our bench strength in dialogue facilitation and piloting new programs
• Leverage our Smithsonian Affiliation status through collaborative projects with Affiliates and maximize the benefits
• Work together with tribal museums to share knowledge and experience on museum best practices
• Identify and assess the potential for other key partnerships on MDI and elsewhere in Maine to raise our profile
• Pursue National Park Service affiliation by demonstrating our content and training value to Acadia National Park leadership
UPDATE: We are working with Senators King and Collins on this process. Senator Angus King made a personal visit to the Abbe on August 1, 2016. Next steps are identified.
• Identify a strategic opportunity with the National Museum of the American Indian
• Develop strategic partnerships on MDI and in Maine to build our outreach capacity
• Nurture and sustain established strategic partnerships
When this goal is realized, the Abbe will be positioned as a thought leader and a model, and will develop partnerships to further decolonizing practices. The Abbe will be a seen as an effective, valued, and desirable partner.